Good suggestion, which we are trying to follow here:
First step is to build a database of applications that others could
use through the intent system:
http://www.openintents.org/en/intentstable
http://www.openintents.org/en/applications

Next step would be to have Android automatically install the required
apps at installation time, or, whenever a new intent is used for the
first time.

Peli
www.openintents.org