I had put my own experiences with the Android testing framework on a blog
post here:
http://androidgps.blogspot.com/2008/10/testing-with-android-framework.html

It is not super detailed, but as I got both the apidemo tests and my own
tests to run that way, it might contain a missing hint for others.

Ludwig