Hello Mark,

I'd venture to say that impossible what you're asking. With #1 you
would have a problem with privacy/security. With #2, having a storage
spot would mean you wouldn't need Content Providers. It's intuitive
for there to be a permission placed on this info. So just do the
Overkill, putting a permission in there shouldn't be a problem.

- Juan T.