(Sorry if it's a double post but the first message (sent ~20 hours
ago) disappeared from http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers
after some time and it never reached my mailbox)

Hi,

I added a new contact in the default Contacts app and added all
possible IM names to it. If I click any of the IM options later, then
the following Intents are triggered:
Intent { action=android.intent.action.SENDTO
categories={com.android.im.category.MSN} data=im:name }
Intent { action=android.intent.action.SENDTO
categories={com.android.im.category.AIM} data=im:name}
Intent { action=android.intent.action.SENDTO
categories={com.android.im.category.ICQ} data=im:name }
Intent { action=android.intent.action.SENDTO
categories={com.android.im.category.GTALK} data=im:name }
Intent { action=android.intent.action.SENDTO
categories={com.android.im.category.YAHOO} data=im:name }

However no Intents are generated when clicking on Jabber, Skype and
QQ. Does anyone know whats up with that? Is the behaviour the same on
real devices? (And if so, then what's the point of adding these
contact types if you can't assign an application that handles these?)

Tauno