Hi All,

This isn't another thread asking if exchange server is supported on
Android... so don't worry :P

I just wanted to start a dialog with other developers about how to
possibly tackle the MS Exchange support issues on Android.

I'm not the best coder in the world, so I can't really provide example
code or anything, but this is more of a discussion-type thread.

>From what I can tell, my iPhone uses WebDAV to connect to Exchange to
get mail (correct me if I'm wrong). So I started looking @ opensource
implementations of Java WebDAV clients and came across Apache SLIDE
Server and Client. Unfortunately Slide has been discontinued. There is
not that it was replaced by Apache JackRabbit, but from what I can see
JackRabbit is a Server implementation of WebDAV technologies.

I was also searching for Java MAPI support, but a lot of the MAPI APIs
for Java are closed-source and licensed... which is not good IMHO.

What other options for exchange support do people see? Do you think it
is a worthwhile pursuit? Do you think it will happen and will it be a
paid-for product on AndroidMarket, or will someone make an open-source
client?

There is a lot of reading to be done on WebDAV and how it integrates
into Exchange... so I am going to start doing some reading.

Feel free to share your ideas and thoughts.