I am wondering if I can make a process as a background process, which
can be listenning on the gps or cell id changing.

1. How to make a background process, like a service?
2. Will I need to set to phone power always on to make this work?
3. If the phone goes to sleep mode, will the gps position changing
event wake it up? I guess only if the gps chip has a interrupt you can
set to...

I am not sure how the MIT project Locale handle this.
http://code.google.com/android/adc_gallery/app.html?id=25
Do we need to run the applicaiton on the foreground all the time? I
guess the phone power will be gone soon if I run this applicaiton all
the time...

Zen