Ok, understood, these methods are non-public and reserved for Google
applications only ;)

Would it be imaginable that (some time in the future) all non-public
APIs are in the com.google* domain and not in the same domain as all
the public classes (android.*)?
Currently it's a little confusing if I look at the source of some
Google app and see that it uses (for example) the method
lookupProviderCategoryFromId(..) from the class
android.provider.Contacts.ContactMethods. Now the public API has a
class with the exact same name and package but without the method that
Google uses so I always have to manually check if a method or constant
exists in the public API documentation when looking through the source
code (and after that I have to check if it also exists in the real SDK
since the SDK and the API documentation are also not the same). It
would be much easier if public and non-public stuff is in separate
packages (like com.sun.* in instead of java.* (J2SE)).
Just my 2 cents..

And congrats again to the team! :)
Tauno