The sms provider's source code is in
ROOT_OF_ANDROID_SOURCE_CODE/packages/providers/TelephonyProvider/SmsProvider.java
After had a look at that, I found you're right. It only send UriChange
notification on 3 Uris. I'm not sure if it's a bug.
You can register your content observer on "content://sms". After get the
notifyChange, query the latest SMSes, and check the sent flag to judge is it
a sent sms or received sms.

Regards,
Evan JIANG