My application has an emergency button which dials 911 when clicked
on.
Every thing on the app is working fine.
But I just discovered that whenever I try to add another call when I
am in a call, it promps me to complete the action using.
1. my app
2. The normal phone

And when I click on my app, it just opens my app. I do not understand
what is causing this and do not want my app to be shown in that list.

Here is the snippet from manifest
        <activity android:name=".MyActivity"
                android:label="@string/main_header">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.DIAL" />
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>

        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CALL_PHONE" />

and here is what I have in my onClick method of the emergency button.

                Intent dial_911 = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_DIAL,
Uri.parse("tel://911"));
                startActivity(dial_911);

why is this occuring and how can I prevent this from happening?

Thank you.