Hi leigh!
I've tried, but it doesn't work... the quad goes in a wrong position :
(

My quad has these coordinates

                //vertex bottom left
                vertex[0] = 9.5f;
                vertex[1] = 10f;
                vertex[2] = 0.0f;
                //top left
                vertex[3] = 9.5f;
                vertex[4] = 11.0f;
                vertex[5] = 0.0f;
                //bottom right
                vertex[6] = 10.5f;
                vertex[7] = 10f;
                vertex[8] = 0.0f;
                //top right
                vertex[9] = 10.5;
                vertex[10] = 11f;
                vertex[11] = 0.0f;

and this is my draw function...

public void draw(GL10 gl){
                gl.glPushMatrix();
                gl.glTranslatef(-10, -10.5f, 0);  //to the origin

                gl.glRotatef(45, 0, 0, -1);   //rotate

                gl.glTranslatef(10, 10.5f, -2.0f);   //back to previous position

                // Enabled the vertices buffer for writing and to be used during
                // rendering.
                gl.glEnableClientState(GL10.GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
                // Specifies the location and data format of an array of vertex
                // coordinates to use when rendering.
                gl.glVertexPointer(3, GL10.GL_FLOAT, 0, markerBuffer);
                gl.glDrawArrays(GL10.GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP, 0, NUMERO_VERTICI);
                // Disable the vertices buffer.
                gl.glDisableClientState(GL10.GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
                gl.glPopMatrix();

        }