I would like to know what is the recommendation for socket connection
management in Android?

In our App we would like to be connected to a TCP/IP server when our
app is in the foreground or paused. So, create a connection to a TCP/
IP server when the App starts --basically, On Create of the launcher
activity. However, we do not want to create a new connection and close
connection every time an activity is created, paused, destroyed or
orientation changed. So, we save the connection object in the App
class and the activities will reuse the same connection.  Question is
when do I close it? I would like to close the socket when the App is
"paused", "stopped" or "destroyed". The problem is these messages are
not sent in the App context. How can I figure out if the App is in
foreground or not? Even the "Terminated" event for an App is not
guaranteed to be delivered. So, in that case how do I know when to
disconnect?

is there any recommendation on how to manage socket connection in
Android? it is very weird that Android does not allow apps to 'exit"
or be notified when the app exits.