I'm trying to find some official android documentation that discusses
sleep mode, with a focus on issues that might be of relevance to app
developers.   For example, things like:

1. What causes a device to enter / exit sleep mode?

2. How are running processes impacted when the device enters sleep
mode?  (I believe they continue to exist, but don't execute because
cpu activity is suspended.  When the device wakes up execution picks
up where it left off?)

There is some good info in the API docs for PowerManager and WakeLock,
but nothing there that explicitly states what I have assumed in point
2 above.

Are the above issues (and any other relevant issues) documented
anywhere?

Cheers ...