None of the tools I know work well with images and I'm not sure how to
improve that. One way might be to use adb shell tools like dumpsys and
compare the numbers over time, I heard. Not very convenient.

I'm checking the difference between PNG8 and PNG24 now. From my
understanding this could save some memory.

BR,
Seb