According to me, the fastest combo is to use HttpClient + SAX.
SAX: encouraged by the android team, they discourage the use of
XmlPullParser unless we import KXml in our source tree and use this
implementation.
With HttpClient, you can reuse the same socket (keepalive) to make
several requests one after another, so I guess it's more efficient
than UrlConnection API.