Can you please show me or direct me to a code snippet on how does this
work?
Mine is simply not working... I haved tried:

(considering my center of the screen to be the user position that I
get from Location):

                            Display display =
getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay();
                            int width = display.getWidth();
                            int height = display.getHeight();

                            String zoomlevel =
Integer.toString(mapView.getZoomLevel());
                            GeoPoint topLeft =
mapView.getProjection().fromPixels(0,
0);
                            GeoPoint bottomRight =
mapView.getProjection().fromPixels(width, height);
                            GeoPoint center = mapView.getMapCenter();
And I have tried:

   int latSpan = mapView.getLatitudeSpan();
                  int longSpan = mapView.getLongitudeSpan();
                  GeoPoint mapCenter = mapView.getMapCenter();
                  int latitudeToEdge = mapCenter.getLatitudeE6() +
(latSpan/2);
                  int longitudeToTop = mapCenter.getLongitudeE6() +
(longSpan/2);

                  GeoPoint edgeLocation;
                  edgeLocation.setLatitude((float)latitudeToEdge/1E6);

edgeLocation.setLongitude((float)mapCenter.getLongitudeE6()/1E6);

topLocation.setLatitude((float)mapCenter.getLatitudeE6()/1E6);
                  topLocation.setLongitude((float)longitudeToTop/1E6);

                  centerLocation.setLatitude((float)
(mapCenter.getLatitudeE6())/1E6);
                  centerLocation.setLongitude((float)
(mapCenter.getLongitudeE6())/1E6);

I guess I have no mathematical clue on how to set this :S