I figured it out!  As it turns out, I have the ListView's visibility
set to GONE by default.  I show the ListView in my OnClick event for
my button.  When the orientation changes and the Activity gets
destroyed and re-created, the ListView's visibility gets reset to the
default set in the XML, GONE.  All I had to do was to set the
visibility to VISIBLE in UpdateDisplay() and it all worked!

Thanks to everyone for the help!  It is much appreciated, and I'll be
sure to put all of your usernames in the About/Thank You section of my
app :)

Bara