It's a firmware thing, so yes, HTCs Sense can do it, but only because
HTC wrote the firmware.

Imho it's not a gerat idea anyway. One reason for having a lock screen
is that it stops things happening when your device is put somewhere
where it may get pressure on the screen which may cause undesirable
behaviour (e.g. in a bag or pocket), so by putting your controls on
the lock screen you run the risk of someone having the music paused or
skipped due to a knock on the screen and then having to dig the device
out in order to re-start/re-position playback.

Al.