Hi all,

I've got a problem with VideoView that I would love some input on.

The setup is basically an activity that starts by launching the
gallery with the intent of opening a video. Once that returns, the
activity displays a contentview consisting of some views. Acting upon
one of the views will set the currently visible controls to "gone" and
make a VideoView "visible", which plays the video, and once that is
done it returns to the previous state by setting the VideoView to
"gone" and vice versa.

This all works fine, and I can switch between the "control" mode and
"play" mode ad infinitum, however going back one more step, thus
switching activities to the gallery and selecting a new (or the same)
video file and then repeating the steps mentioned above results in the
video playing back only sound, without picture (the VideoView area of
the screen remains black).

The instances of both the container and VideoView are the same before
and after the activity switch, I have tried playing around with Z
order, bringing the video view to front, unfreezing the underlying
surface and a lot of other things I can't remember off the top of my
head, but without success...

Any ideas?

Best Regards
Anders