I'm looking for a tutorial on implementing the fastscroll feature
found in the contacts view. I'm using a ListActivity with a custom
array adapter to display my list (I use subtext under the main text
info).

I've seen the List9.java class in the samples directory, but it's not
the easiest example for me to follow -- I'm not ashamed to admit the
concept of the subclassed array adapter baffles me, even though it
works quite nicely. All my attempts to use this have ended with a FC
and an unceremonious boot to the desktop.

Is there one good example out there that explains things? Failing
that, maybe different examples? I'm listing songs on the sd card...you
know, the usual.

Ken