I'm following the directions here:

http://code.google.com/android/toolbox/apis/mapkey.html#getfingerprint

but it appears my keytool usage is different:

-list        [-v | -rfc] [-alias <alias>]
             [-keystore <keystore>] [-storepass <storepass>]
             [-storetype <storetype>] [-provider
<provider_class_name>] ...

what do I use for storetype and provider?  Are the directions for a
different version of keytool?  Does it use the one from the JAVA_HOME
path?  I initially had that as java1.4 and then changed to java1.5,
but got the same keytool -list usage and same error.

I'm pretty confused by all this. I was glad to find what looked like
up to date instructions, but now I'm back to confusion and despair ;-(

Would appreciate any help, thanks