Same exact problem here. This is so basic! I'm just trying to learn
Android dev, using the Hello World example. I thought I had a bad
install, so I started from scratch. Same problem again. This appears
to be the Android Development Kit. Both the Android Resource Editor
and the Android XML Resources Editor fail the same way. Kwan, thanks
for alerting me to the XML editor, which I found via Open With.

  -- Bob