I am not sure if you want to "evolve" the comment system into a bug
tracking/support system.

What stinks is that me, as a one-person team, but with a non-open
source app, have no access to the Google Code bug tracking system.
Google's justification is that non-open source projects should have
the financial backing to pay for their own issue tracking solution.  I
think that's a very wrong assumption in the case of the Android
platform.