> Are you talking about an actual AppWidget that sits on the users home
> screen? I was not aware there was  a widget for the market.

Yes, it is a part of the Froyo update.  It's an actual
AppWidgetProvider.

> I think it is new for 2.2. After seeing this thread, I found it on my
> N1. It does what looks like an AlphaAnimation to transition between
> apps it is promoting. Unless it is actually part of the N1's home
> screen, I have no idea how they're pulling off that effect.

I am seeing it on a myTouch with Froyo.  So it seems it is a part of
the 2.2 release.

I will look into the AlphaAnimation.  I'm just not sure how it is done
with RemoteViews.  What I suspect is that it is something new to the
2.2 SDK, which is unfortunate because we can't lock our widget to 2.2
and above.

I would still like to hear any other ideas people may have, though! :)

-Matt