I have an app that requires a long process of automatic configuration
after installation. What is the best way to do this? Currently I am
using AsyncTask. I call it from onCreate(). I still get "ANR
keyDispatchingTimedOut" error report and other "force close" comment
from users. However I do not see any such issues with my Droid and
emulators.

I am thinking of using Service class. However I feel like it is
wasteful to register a service for just one time use.

Thanks,
Dipu