Hi,

I'm trying to use an image-display intent to..display an image:

    Uri uri = ...;
    Intent intent = new Intent(android.content.Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
    intent.setDataAndType(uri, "image/" + extension);
    startActivity(intent);

this works well, but some devices have image viewers that handle this
intent which are sub-optimal. For example, on the Nexus One, it looks
like an image gallery application starts up - this takes about 10+
seconds before showing the image. On the Droid, an image application
starts up very quickly and shows the image right away.

If we shouldn't rely on the above intent to provide a good experience
for the user, is there another method anyone is using? Would just like
to know before I try writing something myself,

Thanks