Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, The problem I am facing if when I use the
ResourceCursorAdapter and type some thing on the MultiAutoCompleteTextView
the dropdown dose not pop up searching the attached adapter.. Please find my
code below.
public class Collaboration extends Activity
{

     MyAdapter myContactAdapter;

     @Override
     protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
     {
          setContentView(R.layout.collaboration);

//This is my adapter which extends ResourceCursorAdapter and the db cursor
passed has columns FIRST_NAME,LAST_NAME,and LOGIN_ID

myContactAdapter = new MyAdapter(this,dbCursor);
 //Finding the MultiAutoCompleteTextView in my Main Layout
mSendTo = (MultiAutoCompleteTextView) findViewById(R.id.collab_send_to);

mSendTo.setAdapter(myContactAdapter);
mSendTo.getDropDownBackground().setAlpha(0);
mSendTo.setDropDownBackgroundResource(R.color.black_color);

//Setting the tokenizer as ','
mSendTo.setTokenizer(new MultiAutoCompleteTextView.CommaTokenizer());
    }

    private class MyAdapter extends ResourceCursorAdapter {

        public MyAdapter(Context context, Cursor cur) {
            super(context, *R.layout.contactheader*, cur);
        }

        @Override
        public View newDropDownView(Context context, Cursor cur, ViewGroup
parent) {
            LayoutInflater lInflator =
(LayoutInflater)getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);
            return lInflator.inflate(*R.layout.contactheader*, parent,
false);
        }

        @Override
        public void bindView(View view, Context context, Cursor cur) {
            TextView nameText =
(TextView)view.findViewById(R.id.contact_name);
            TextView emailText =
(TextView)view.findViewById(R.id.contact_email);
            CheckBox cbListCheck =
(CheckBox)view.findViewById(R.id.contact_chkbx);

nameText.setText(cur.getString(cur.getColumnIndex("FIRST_NAME"))+","+cur.getString(cur.getColumnIndex("LAST_NAME")));

 emailText.setText(cur.getString(cur.getColumnIndex("LOGIN_ID")));
            cbListCheck.setVisibility(View.GONE);
        }
    }
}

*R.layout.contactheader:*
*
*
*
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<LinearLayout
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
  android:id="@+id/collab_msgheader"
  android:orientation="vertical"
  android:layout_width="fill_parent"
  android:layout_height="fill_parent"

  <RelativeLayout
  android:layout_width="wrap_content"
  android:layout_height="wrap_content"

<CheckBox android:id="@+id/contact_chkbx"
 android:layout_width="wrap_content"
 android:layout_height="wrap_content"
 android:focusable="false"
 android:saveEnabled="true"
 />
<TextView android:id="@+id/contact_name"
android:layout_toRightOf="@+id/contact_chkbx"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:textSize="15sp"
android:textStyle="bold"
android:textColor="#000000"
/>
<TextView android:id="@+id/contact_email"
android:layout_below="@+id/contact_name"
android:layout_toRightOf="@+id/contact_chkbx"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:textSize="10sp"
android:textStyle="bold"
android:textColor="#000000"
/>
</RelativeLayout>
</LinearLayout>

I really appreciate your help, Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prakash R
*