Problem Solved..
The problem was that i was querying on the tracks database for 1000 songs..
At the same time, scrolling the list would make a call to the same tracks
table. This is synchronous in Android using the same DB object.
So the solution was to create a seperate DB object as getReadableDatabase
for the 30000 songs list query.. UI does not block now..Yippee
I am sorry for the incorrect inference that i got earlier ..
Thanks And Regards,
Alok.