I think they're fine.  I've used Eclipse plenty of times in the past and
while it's not my IDE of choice on other development platforms, it's not a
bad IDE by any means.  I've grown to appreciate the Android emulator as
well.  The one area I think Android tools are lacking is in the UI design
space.  I posted the question on my own site (
http://www.androidsdkforum.com/android-sdk-tools-utilities/4-tools-building-user-interfaces.html)
looking for some suggestions to nice tools as Droid Draw is the best I've
discovered to this point.

Chris Stewart