I'm 99% sure that the problem is that you don't create RemoteViews
every time (reusing old instance). This way mActions arraylist of
RemoteView will get filled up with a bunch of actions and they all
have to be dispatched by "acore" process.

I would offer 2 workarounds:
1. Create NEW instance of RemoteView each time you're about to update
your app widget
OR
2. Use reflection to clear mActions field of RemoteViews and then
you're fine to reuse old instance (just make sure to gracefully handle
reflection exceptions in case you're on different firmware and there's
no mActions member)

IMO, the best thing to do is attempt to clear mActions and only if it
fails, create a new instance.