One thing I had to do on my laptop is turn the sensitivity of the
touch pad way down, since my hands waving over it (not touching) while
typing would be interpreted as mouse presses, highlight whole sections
of code, and delete them on the next keystroke.  Didn't have the
problem with any other editors.