The icons aren't the issue - I've tried turning them off and it has no
effect. I've encountered a similar scrolling issue with a custom ListAdapter
extending BaseAdapter I wrote a while ago, and it was caused by not properly
setting the view's values in getView() I resolved it using the fix posted
at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1320478/how-to-load-the-listview-smoothly-in-android,
but I'm not really sure how to implement that fix when I'm using a stock
SimpleCursorAdapter, or if that fix even applies to this situation.