I am debugging an app that tests an API I wrote. There is a section of
code that simply reads a DB cursor like this:

Cursor row = mDatabase.query("properties", null, where, null, null,
null, null, null);
if( row != null )
{
   if( row.moveToFirst() ) // A
   {
      int n=row.getColumnIndexOrThrow("value");
      value = row.getString( n ); // B
   }
}

The debugger steps through line at a time until it gets to the line
commented // A. The next line the debugger gets to is the line
commented // B!!! It completely skips over the "int n =..." line. Even
stranger, at that point the int n is not listed as being in scope at
all. Basically, as soon as it executes any method on row the debugger
skips.

I also have to step twice over each clause in any conditional. So
this: if( a==2 || b==4 ) would require four "step over" actions to get
past it. Very strange.

I re-installed the latest version of eclipse with the latest ADB and
the latest emulator. It still happens. This is running against Android
2.0, which is a requirement. I am on Windows 7 64 bit with a 32 bit
installation of eclipse.

Has anyone seen this strange debugger behavior? What should I try to
do?

Thanks.