Dear All,

finally i got the application to work successfully and see the map on
my emulator.

Here is how I have achieved it.

Actually the debug.keystore that i was using was wrong.

On my Windows XP system Earlier I was using the "debug.keystore" from
the location - "C:\Documents and Settings\Amit Mishra\Local Settings
\Application Data\Android".

Since it was not working I have come across a reference in which it
was said that on XP systems you should use the "debug.keystore" from
the location "C:\Documents and Settings\Amit Mishra\.android".

SO i have generated the API key again and put it in my layout.xml and
magic happened :)

Thanks everyone for there help.

Thanks & Best Regards
Amit