On Jul 26, 1:37 pm, Frank Weiss <fewe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used nekohtml to scrape pages. Have you looked for an API for
> getting the data instead?
>
> You should carefully consider the ramifications of screen scraping.
> The web site may not be thrilled by your syphoning off information
> they may have to pay for. When the web site is redesigned, the screen
> scraper may need to be redesigned.

Use of scraping, conveniently enabled through nekohtml and the like,
is better moved to a fixed end proxy server. As Frank points out... if
the original site changes, you're stuck with app installations in the
field that need updating. Adding insult to injury, scraping on the
mobile side typically is inefficient, due to the presentation
"overhead" of the HTML source.