For multi-language apps you don't need to do any of this. Have a read
of localization in the docs:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html
you will get the collect localized resources loaded automatically by
the platform.

If however you are trying to switch language/locale in a running app,
then as DH pointed out the platform does not support this.

I have not looked into the platform code for lanuage/locale(s) but I
suppect that Android has no concept of an applicaton only locale only
system locale.  If I am correct then are you trying to change the
locale for the whole system?