> I have an app on Android Market right now with a minSdkVersion
> corresponding to Android 1.6. I'd like to make an update that is only
> visible to users of Android 2.2 and higher (there is a good reason for
> this, which I will explain below). So I have two questions:

You shall make two separate apps (with different package name, i.e.
"com.foo.bar.android16" and "com.foo.bar.android22") name them
so user will know the difference ("My App (1.6 only)" vs "My App (2.2 only)"
set SDK and upload both. That's probably the only sane solution.
Or refactor your app to detect OS version and use different code depending
on that - but this is a bit tricky sometimes so depending on how much
efforts you want to spend on that would or wouldn't be the way to go.