On 1 August 2010 14:40, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:

> Bear in mind that notifications are not displayed by your process, and
> so the image has to be transportable across process boundaries.

You are right, but we are taliking now about non existing feature so that
could also be addressed. The major problem is that notify() is quite
non-flexible recently and forces developers to create bunch of static
icons (which takes memory and bloats apk - I could drop my app size
by at least 100K if that would be possible) instead of allowing them to
draw someting and pass that object.