Hi,
So I have received complaints from users that they think our app was
using GPS why they were not using the app because the lock screen was
displaying the GPS icon. I previously within a common root activity,
registered for GPS events in the onResume and deregistered in the
OnPause(). Turns out that the lock screens will resume the underlying
app that will be in the foreground after unlock (perfectly
reasonable).

I wanted to do something about the customers feedback though because I
know not all users are really techies so I since I couldn't provide an
answer that wasn't of just the nature "trust me it's not" I wanted to
see if I could at least calm their nerves. I put the register and
deregister hooks into the onWindowFocusChanged of the activities and
while it fixes the lock screen problems, I am starting to notice some
lags. Is this to be expected? Like I am seeing my app take much more
time in GPS than previously. It seems like the event is not always
guaranteed to be called immediately for when the app loses focus.

Is this correct? I noticed the google maps application seems to
register and deregister on resume and pause since they have the same
lock screen issue. Has anyone dealt with this before? I am going to
switch it back to onResume and onPause for the time being.