I think it needs to be made more obvious to the user. Its not dangerous,
correct, but a user may well be upset if they assumed they were buying the
app and could use it on any Android device. And like I said before, existing
users (those who paid before LVL was introduced) would have to stop updating
to avoid the LVL restriction - a permission they could easily not see during
update.

OTOH, if its too obvious then it may create a feeling of distrust between
user and dev, so I guess there's no good solution.