I'm considering buying a device to use exclusively for development.  I don't
want service on the device.  I'm curious about a few things:

* Can I just buy any Android phone on eBay and use it as a development phone
(apps only, not OS dev)?  Do I need to specifically look for unlocked
phones?
* Given the state of the Nexus One, it's far out of my price range on eBay.
 So is there another phone that's relatively open with regards to the OS you
can run?  I've seen the Droid Eris for around $100 on eBay, and that would
certainly fit with my rough price point.

Chris Stewart
cstewart...@gmail.com
http://www.androidsdkforum.com