If the app isn't in Android Market, the license server will return
ERROR_NOT_MARKET_MANAGED. LicenseValidator considers that to be a fatal
error due to programmer error, and should invoke the applicationError()
callback method.

My understanding from the server team is that uploading a draft version is
supposed to be sufficient to avoid getting ERROR_NOT_MARKET_MANAGED. (In the
case of existing applications, you'll also need to increment your version
code.)

The other way you'll avoid this is precisely as Mark mentioned. If we don't
find the application, we check to see if the current user has a developer
account, and will send a test response (if one is set) using the user's RSA
keypair.

--
Trevor Johns