Nice, welcome to the group.

So, while I'm talking to a Samsung Android dev... why not take the
chance...:

Can you please have the unnecessarily introduced "Task Manager" button
removed from the 'recent apps' menu that comes up on long-pressed home
button. It's been there only since recently (2.1 JF3 and Froyo) and
there's no way remove/disable the button nor the entire Samsung Task
Manager app.

http://www.forceclose.com/questions/2540/how-to-disable-hide-task-manager-button-on-samsung-galaxy-s-2-1-jm2-froyo-2-2

(This newly added button alone makes me require to switch from Galaxy
S back to HTC phones for my app (which is distributed bundled with the
device), if I don't want to root.)

Cheers.

(well, asking doesn't cost... ;)