Some developers asked for such a library in the past and instead of
replying individually on each thread, I thought I'd announce it here:

http://www.teleal.org/projects/cling/

Cling is a complete, clean, and very flexible Java implementation of
the UPnP Device Architecture specification. Additional UPnP service
modules and graphical tools are also part of this project. Cling helps
you create, control, and monitor UPnP-compatible services on your
network. Cling can be used as an UPnP/DLNA library for Android
application development.

An Android integration example can be found in the documentation:

http://www.teleal.org/projects/cling/core/manual/cling-core-manual.html#chapter.Android

Cling is open source under the LPGL, so OEMs and ISVs can integrate it
with their Android devices easily. You can use it and ship it with
your Android application for free.

As it is still in beta, with a final release planned for early Q4, I
am also looking for feedback and bug reports.

Thank you!