Hi all,

Does anyone have any info or ideas on how the built in Maps
application determines accuracy?  When it first starts you can see a
blue circle around your position whose radius appears to be indicating
accuracy, i.e. a wide blue circle means not a very good lock.  As more
satellites come on board the circle gets smaller.

The only info in the status change bundle for the gps provider is the
number of satellites it is tracking.  Is this all the Maps app is
using to draw that circle or is there some other more granular
accuracy (in feet or meters) that is able to be obtained?

I'm developing an app where distance is being computed and while the
GPS is being locked in initially the position changes around.  I may
record 300-400 feet of distance travelled while standing perfectly
still as it comes online.  Trying to figure out the best way to not
start actual tracking until the GPS is effectively 'dialed in'.  Any
ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg