That what I used in my code:

public static boolean rename(String orig_name, String new_name, String path)
{
File Operator1 = new File(path, orig_name);
File Operator2 = new File(path, new_name);
if (Operator1.exists() == false) {
return false;
}
if (Operator2.exists() == true) {
return false;
}
try {
boolean r = Operator1.renameTo(Operator2);
return r;
} catch (Exception e) {
return false;
}