I'm not particularly concerned with how users get game data on their
media... I suppose if that ended up really being a problem I could put
up a walk through of some kind.

The primary concern is if I give out directions and say... put these
files in a folder call game on your external sd card, just for
example, incredible users would be fine and captivate users would not.
getExternalStorageDirectory() is returning the Captivates internal sd
storage, plain and simple.

I guess it really isn't all that big of a deal... I throw up
instructions that say what to do and then list instructions for the
exceptions...