I am trying to mount an NFS folder inside Android. I keep getting an
Input/Output error. Here's my setup and a few things I have tried:

* Server: Ubuntu 10.04 32bit lucid
* IP address: 192.168.1.6
* I have apt-get all the required pkgs to enable NFS.
* The nfs folder is located as /nfsdir  on this machine
* I have tested this setup by mounting this folder on another PC on
the network using:
sudo mount 192.168.1.6:/nfsdir /home/gopi/nfsmount

Now, I have an Android phone running Eclair 2.1. I am connected to the
same network as my server via wifi.
IP address on the phone is 192.168.1.15

When I try the same mount command as above:
busybox mount 192.168.1.6:/nfsdir /data/gopi

it times out and I get this error:
mount: mounting 192.168.1.6:/nfsdir on /data/gopi failed: Input/output
error

* I have checked the kernel config and see that NFS configs are
enabled:
CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y

* cat /proc/filesystems  includes nfs

* I then took a network trace using wireshark, for both the successful
mount on a PC and the failure case on the phone.

In the successful case on the PC, After initial handshake, I see :
Portmap V2 GETPORT Call Mount(100005)  V:3 TCP (from the client to
server)

In the failure case, I see the following:
Portmap V2 DUMP Call

Does anyone know what could be happening here, I am not familiar with
rpc in android and am kind of lost at this point. Any way to debug
this further?