I must be missing something simple here.  I've searched around but don't
think my search query is touching on the right topics to yield results.
 Anyhow, what I'm after is running through the array of data I bind to a
ListView after a "Submit" button has been clicked.  Here's the sample code
I've found and have hacked up to simplify what I'm after:

private Button btnSubmit;
private List<Map<String,?>> security;
 private SeparatedListAdapter adapter;

    @Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
    {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);

        btnSubmit = (Button)this.findViewById(R.id.btnSubmit);
        btnSubmit.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener()
        {
         @Override
                public void onClick(View v)
         {
         blah();
         }
        });

        security = new LinkedList<Map<String,?>>();
 security.add(createItem("Remember passwords", "Save usernames and passwords
for Web sites", true));
security.add(createItem("Clear passwords", "Save usernames and passwords for
Web sites", false));
 security.add(createItem("Show security warnings", "Show warning if there is
a problem with a site's security", false));

// create our list and custom adapter
adapter = new SeparatedListAdapter(this);
 adapter.addSection("Security", new SimpleAdapter(
this, security, R.layout.list_complex,
 new String[] { ITEM_TITLE, ITEM_CAPTION, ITEM_CP },
new int[] { R.id.list_complex_title, R.id.list_complex_caption,
R.id.list_complex_cb }
 )
);
 ListView list = (ListView)this.findViewById(R.id.lvList);
list.setAdapter(adapter);
    }

    private void blah()
    {
ListView list = (ListView)this.findViewById(R.id.lvList);
Object obj = list.getItemAtPosition(0);
    }

Regards,
Chris Stewart

Fantasy
Football<http://chriswstewart.com/android-applications/fantasy-football/>-
Android app for fantasy football fanatics and MFL owners
Social Updater<http://chriswstewart.com/android-applications/social-updater/>-
An easy way to send your status blast to multiple social networks