I'm trying to use the new reboot function defined here:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html#reboot%28java.lang.String%29

but I'm running into permissions issues even though I have the REBOOT
permission in my manifest:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REBOOT" />

The error I see in logcat is:
E/AndroidRuntime( 5272): java.lang.SecurityException: Neither user
10059 nor current process has android.permission.REBOOT.

The REBOOT permission doesn't show up in the list of permissions for
my app even though other permissions do.  Is this a functionality that
is still protected even though it's now a part of the public API?

All of my testing so far is on a Nexus One with Android 2.2