You're right... I misstated that.  I can send SMS messages using the
SDK, but cannot send email.
I find that incongruous, despite the fact that the email app in the
open source contains some nicely crafted code to do just that.

Is every app that is to send mail to reinvent a very intricate, heavy
wheel?  I guess I have a feature request to line up.

tone